Hours of Operation
10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Memorial Day Weekend to Labor Day Weekend
Murray Country Club provides a large lap pool, a diving pool, a baby pool and restrooms.
Our pools exceed all health and safety regulations and are staffed with fully certified lifeguards.
Food and beverages are available from the Club House, and the pools can be reserved for pool parties.
Season -The swimming pool shall be opened and closed each year on the dates determined by the Board of Directors. The swimming pool is usually opened for business on Memorial Day weekend (weather permitting) and shall remain open until Labor Day.
Registration – All Members, those of a Member’s family entitled to use the Club’s facilities, and all guests must register before entering the pool or before using the pool facilities. All swimmers are required to abide by the rules.
Unaccompanied Children – No child under age seventeen (17) may be left at the pool without parental supervision or a responsible sitter who is 17 years or older.
Guest rule exceptions for Swimming Pool – There is no guest fee for a member’s grandchild who is under the age of 18 and is accompanied by one of the grandparents, and such use by the grandchild is ignored when applying the three times per year limitation in “General Rules and Regulations” – written above. However, fee requirements and use limitations do apply to the grandchild’s parents.
There is no guest fee for a sitter when responsibly watching a member’s children or
grandchildren and such instance is ignored when applying the three times per year
Attire – Shorts, cutoffs, tank tops and similar attire are not allowed in the pool. Proper attire is a swimming suit. Swimsuits must have full bottom coverage.
These rules are posted at the pool:
(1) No alcoholic beverages, except those purchased from the Club House or Pro-Shop are allowed per ABC license (#018-GOLF-70) rules (KRS 234.020(4)) (KRS 243.990(1), (2), (3)).
(2) Admission to the facility is refused to all persons having any contagious disease, infectious conditions such as colds, fever, ringworm, foot infections, skin lesions, carbuncles, boils, inflamed eyes, ear discharges, or any other condition which has the appearance of being infectious. Persons with excessive sunburn, abrasions which have not healed, corn plasters, bunion pads, adhesive tape, rubber bandages, or other bandages of any kind are not permitted.
(3) Lifeguard pool hours are normally 10:00AM – 6:00PM Monday – Sunday, Memorial Day – Labor Day.
(4) Admittance to the pool area is restricted to 6:00AM – 9:00PM Monday – Sunday. Sign the registry upon entry.
(5) Lifeguards are responsible for swimmer safety and have complete jurisdiction over all pool area activity. They may limit your access if you violate pool rules.
(6) Only swimmers 18 or older are allowed in the pool during 10-minute Lifeguard breaks.
(7) In the absence of a lifeguard, persons age 16 or younger must have a responsible person age 17 or older present. You assume all risk when swimming without a lifeguard. No one may swim alone.
(8) Children shall not be left unattended. No Exceptions.
(9) Children in the baby pool must be supervised by an adult. Children over the age of 7 are not allowed in the baby pool.
(10) Babysitters may accompany member’s children.
(11) Proper swimming attire required.
(12) No running.
(13) No glass containers.
(14) All your trash, toys, clothing, and other items must be placed in the proper container before you leave.
Additional General Rules
A. No cross-pool swimmers in the diving area when the diving board is in use;
B. Only one person on the diving board at a time;
C. Diving Board limitations, rules and regulations:
1.) Use caution when diving. Head and cervical injuries can result from improper diving,
2.) Do not double bounce on diving board,
3.) Check water depth and do not dive out of deep-water area,
4.) Ask the lifeguard or management where to dive,
5.) Only one person at a time is allowed on the diving board,
6.) Be sure the diving area is clear before you dive,
7.) Wait for the previous diver to reach the side of the pool before diving,
8.) Do not swim under the diving board,
9.) Dive straight off the board
D. Equipment and floating devices will be left to the discretion of the Lifeguard but must be checked by her/him before using.
E. No glass containers in the pool area.
F. Bandages will not be allowed in the pool.
G. Receptacles will be provided for waste. Members are responsible for disposing of their own waste.
H. No swimming attire will be allowed in the Clubhouse or in the golf locker room areas. Snack bars, bar service and pool locker rooms are available to meet the food, shower and changing needs in the pool area.
I. No running on pool deck.
J. Smoking is not allowed in the pool area.
K. Foul language or any other distasteful behavior is prohibited.
last two weeks, may use the pool.
L. No person intoxicated or under the influence of drugs may use the pool.
M. Appropriate swim diapers must be used and changed in the designated diaper changing area.
N. No food or drink allowed in the pool water.
O. Persons with seizure, heart or circulatory problems should not swim alone
P. No diving is permitted off the deck into shallow areas of the pool.
Complaints and Rule Enforcement
The lifeguards on duty are charged with complete responsibility for enforcing pool rules. They have the authority to suspend pool privileges or to expel, at their discretion, any person whose conduct is discourteous or jeopardizes the safety and enjoyment of others. Parents are requested to review pool rules with their children and remind them that lifeguards’ instructions must be obeyed. Any complaints regarding safety or pool rules or operations should be reported immediately to the Head Lifeguard or General Manager or, in their absence, another responsible person. Any complaints about the rules or regulations, or violations of same, should be submitted in writing to the General Manager rather than to the lifeguard on duty.
Members may bring guests (in county) Tuesday only (except holidays)
- Each membership is limited to two such in county guests per day
- The cost for each guest is $5.00 per day (Adult or Child). Guest fee must be paid in the Pro Shop, and guests must provide receipt to lifeguards upon entry to pool area.
- Guests (in county) must be accompanied by a member
- Guest must be signed-in by an adult member (17 yrs or older)
- Limit of 3 times per year for each guest who lives in Calloway County
- Members may bring long distance, infrequent out of town guests at any time
- Guest must follow the same rules as any other pool member.
- Hours: 6:00 pm – 10:00 pm during the summer. Party setup may begin at 5:30 pm
- Lifeguard Fee is $20/hr for each 25 persons
- Party applications are available in the ProShop
- All final arrangements are made through the Head Lifeguard at least 24 hours in advance
- Non member parties fee $100 plus lifeguard fee
- Members are responsible for cleanup
- All members have access to the pool facilities even during scheduled parties